Monday, October 31, 2005

Four New Monkeys

Some of you are aware that I have a monkey Christmas tree. For those of you that didn't know that, I do. It is a 7' narrow Christmas tree and every single ornament on the tree is a monkey. Why? I really don't know. I guess it goes clear back to a conversation I had with Beth Leech one afternoon while strolling State Street in Santa Barbara. I told her I wanted to collect something but I didn't know what to collect. She suggested monkeys.

My mother is the Christmas tree queen. She has... plenty. At least one in every room of their home. And several of them are theme trees. I think it started way back on the farm when she started collecting pig ornaments. Then there was the kitchen utinsel tree, the victorian tree, the mittens tree... it goes on and on. Well, I wanted a theme tree after Chris and I got married and I suggested monkeys. Why? Like I said, I really don't know. But everyone thought it was a good idea and now, several years later, we have many monkeys on this tree.

Yesterday I was in Springfield at the mall and I found 4 new ones. They aren't anything spectacular, but anytime I find one I'm pretty happy because they aren't that easy to find. Here are the ones I got yesterday:







2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dean r said...

monkeying around at the mall again huh.... DTR