Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Elba













I feel like I'm jumping around a lot with my blogging, but I have to mention my newest travel destination passion: Elba. Why? Well, honestly I would have to say the interest was sparked by Roberto Crochetta, my physician friend in Rome this past July. One afternoon while discussing great trips, he mentioned Elba as the perfect Italian beach retreat in early summer. He made it sound so perfect that since we returned in August, I haven't been able to stop reading and researching the place.

Roberto suggested a two week Elba/Tuscany trip as a near perfect 2 week Italian experience. And now after a couple months of thought and research, I feel he may just be right. I would would love to make a trip in April or May for a couple weeks, but with Jewell's graduation and Kip's wedding, I am quite certain that it will be out of the question next year. But I am going to keep dreaming and planning. Who knows what the new year will bring?

Here are a couple cool snaps I've found of the Island:














Come join me to the Old Country!

2 comments:

AWG said...

I wish I had a nice sailboat to take around the world ...

dean r said...

my latest travel dream has been Marbella, Spain. I came across some photoshots of some people vacationing there and it looked AWESOME. also the beach, puerto banus. anyway, wow Elva also sounds AWESOME, good luck...DTR