Thursday, March 31, 2005

Secrets & Surprises

I love secrets and surprises. Usually. But this year Chris opened her birthday gift a week early because… I JUST COULDN’T WAIT!!! I don’t know why I was so anxious to give Chris her gift this year, but I have been begging her to open the present every night since I purchased it. I got her a food processor. A good one. But wait…

Before you criticize me for buying her a kitchen appliance, please understand that Chris has been asking me for this for the better part of our marriage. And this weekend when I saw the KitchenAid Ultra Power KFP600 for less than ½ the retail price at Tuesday Morning’s in Fayetteville, I couldn’t resist. What a deal! But now I will spend the next week trying to find another gift that I can give her to open in a week. Any suggestions?

I enjoyed Amos Lee’s performance on Jay Leno this evening. What a musician! David Letterman introduced me to this wonderful artist just a few weeks ago and I have been hooked on his music since. A former elementary school teacher, this young troubadour really belts. I can just imagine the excitement his former students must experience when they hear his smoky voice on television.

Lastly tonight let me put in a plug for a new product I am trying out. It’s the Homedics TheraP Magnet Insoles. They are really terrific. I must confess that in the past I have been a big skeptic and scoffed at the idea of magnetic therapy for pain relief and pain therapy. However, since I have been wearing these insoles, for almost a week now, I have experienced great relief. It’s amazing. Working in retail and standing on a concrete floor for 8 hours a day has really taken a toll on my legs and feet. Most any evening I go home with achy feet and calves. But since I have been using these insoles, the pain has almost disappeared!

I hope you have a pain-free weekend.

1 comment:

AWG said...

If you know of some magic device that can relieve my neck and shoulder pain, send it my way. ;-)