Monday, March 21, 2005

Remembering Ice Cream

I spent the evening tearing apart a framed collage of snapshots from way back in 1996. I am putting them in a more appropriate format, a scrapbook of sorts that will record some of the more poignant times in my life. I once read that "If life is worth living, it's worth recording." I've taken that to heart in several ways over the years with journaling, photo albums and videos. This new book I am working on is just another way of leaving a legacy in pictures. Please ask to see it if you are ever at the house. I'm anxious to show it off.

I took Chris and Bo to Branson on Friday night and we enjoyed "Lobsterfest" at Red Lobster. Coincidentally, I was the only one that enjoyed lobster. But everyone enjoyed a wonderful meal. We met up later with my Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law, David and Dana Ecklund, at the Stone Cold Creamery. What an incredible place that is, too.

This oh-so-good ice cream is blended with add-in's right before your eyes on frozen granite slates. You can order in three sizes: "Like It", "Love It", and "Gotta Have It." And let me tell you, all sizes are NOT created equally! Bo opted for some chocolate lovers nightmare and I, a coffee lovers dream. We both ordered the "Love It" size, however Bo got the deep end of the scoop. I was convinced the girl behind the counter thought I ordered a "Like It", but when she rang us up, it was apparent she just didn't have a good gauge on the size thing yet as she charged us for the same. But it was really a blessing in disguise, though, as the stuff is so rich I could barely get down what I did have. It was a real treat though and I'm sure we'll be visiting that place again... soon.

Anywell... have a great week.

1 comment:

AWG said...

My favorite ice cream place in the world is the House of Flavors in Ludington, Michigan. Every summer, when our family goes to our summer cottage, we would go into town and get a "Scoops Carferry" or some other tasty treat. Good memories. Thanks, Genor.