Thursday, March 08, 2007

Rufus

I was introduced to Rufus Wainwright by National Public Radio (NPR) a couple years ago. I purchased one of his CD's, "Want One," just days later and I've been hooked ever since. It has become one of my most played CD's.

I think I have downloaded almost every song Rufus has produced on my iPod and I listen to them all, frequently. I just love his sound and style.

All that said, he isn't for everyone. Just ask anyone in my family. They hate him. I guess it's his voice. It's a little smokey. Or as they describe it, "It's like he has a mouth full of spinach."

But I like it. He has a complete security of intonation, even over a dense accompaniment. See what you think.


1 comment:

dean r said...

well an anglophile like me, how could I not like it.

very nice.